National Latina / Latino Commission
OUTREACH STRATEGY FOR ENGAGING
Faith- Based and Community Leaders
ENGAGE. EQUIP. MENTOR. PARTNER
Engage the key leaders of the faith and community-based organizations who serve needy neighborhoods.
SEARCH FOR LEADERS IN...
- Religious congregations located in communities you serve
- Neighborhood Associations/Community Centers
- Local Minority and Immigrant Associations/ Advocacy Groups
- Local Religious Leaders Alliances/ Councils
- Grassroots networks associated with national Non-Profits and Foundations
- Intermediary Organizations and Nonprofits that provide technical assistance to local/small service providers
- Locally-based organizations providing clothes/ food/ shelter/ drug and long- term assistance
RESEARCH KEY FAITH AND COMMUNITY-BASED LEADERS THROUGH...
- Mayor's Public Relations Office
- Congressional Representative Local Office
- Social Media, Face Book ,Twitter etc.
- City Government Social Service Agencies
- Other federal agencies at the local level
Create relationships with these leaders. Equip their organizations' with priorities and service projects. Discover the needs and concerns of the populations they serve. Utilize their perspective on the community's needs.
- Conduct informational interviews and host meetings in order to understand their organizations and their insights into the needs of unemployed and underemployed populations.
- Visit local faith and community organizations' sites.
- Invite key FBO/CBO leaders to speak at Board meetings
NLLC will assist our partners in establishing a Mentors Program. We will appoint Executive Faith-Based Directors in each state to oversee the Seven Spheres of influence Program, in Education, Business, Government, Media, Entertainment, and in Church growth. NLLC will find proven grant writers, NLLC will also assist in finding state, federal and foundation grants. All these free benefits will be given to our partners through NLLC.
- NLLC focuses on networking non-profits to work together in community projects that match their own objectives.
- We as an organization have established a Church and Community Partnership. NLLC is seeking partners in the business community also to Mentor young entrepeneurs.
"America is richly blessed by the diversity and vigor of our neighborhood healer: civic, social, charitable and religious groups. These quiet heroes lift people's lives in ways that are beyond government's know-how, usually on shoestring budgets, and they heal our nation's ills one heart and one act of kindness at a time."
Former President George W. Bush